10.17.2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

Thursday was Kael's half birthday. He seemed pretty excited about it so I tried to make it fun! I put balloons in his room and made his favorite dinner, including pumpkin bars for dessert.  I invited my dad and mom over to share them with us.  Kael was so sweet and so, so thankful and declared them to be the best pumpkin bars he had ever eaten.

Friday morning, I came downstairs and saw this. It was a gloomy morning and the kids were all cuddled up, reading, by the fire. 



Friday afternoon was Kylee's class fall party.  I am always happy to go to school on these days.  I love seeing the kids in their classrooms! 


The rest of the weekend was uncharacteristic for us.  We had no real plans and almost didn't know what to do with ourselves! Friday night we laid low around here- Kent and Kael watched Star Wars, which Kase is super into right now.  Kylee and I went to some neighbor's for a fire pit and Kael played Nerf guns with friends. 

Saturday we spent the morning hanging around here, had lunch with my family (Kent had a lunch meeting), then later in the day I took Kylee to Bulldog Ceramics.  She had gotten a gift card for her birthday and had a great time painting a canvas to hang in her room! 


Later that night she had a sleepover at my mom's.  Meanwhile, the boys and I just hung around here.  Kael had been hoping to have more Nerf gun wars with neighbor kids but the weather didn't cooperate.


Sunday we had church, then watched a neighbor's football game before heading to Kael's last regular season football game.  Afterwards, it was Kase's turn to sleepover at Grandma's! Kylee and Kael played with friends, Kent and I got a few things done and went for a walk, then later we all ran errands. 



How was your weekend? 

No comments: