3.22.2016

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful for my village. I've been having some bad headaches all week and I've had friends and family offer to take my kids for the afternoon, I've had one friend let me borrow her peppermint oil, I've had a brother-in-law do chiropractic adjustments, and I've had one friend deliver her famous guacamole to me! While this week has been no picnic, I certainly couldn't have gotten through it without everyone!

This week though. Seriously.

Kent worked late several nights which none of us are used to.

The weather was terrible.

Kase's threenager behavior is wearing on me. Hard. And it seems emotions are running high with Kael and Kylee, too. 

The Hawkeyes lost, UNI lost in an epic way. 

I evidently broke my cell phone. What an inconvenience.

Kase smashed his head twice- once on a door and once on a counter and both left giant goose eggs. My anxiety over Kase's head injuries couldn't be higher.

I lost my wedding ring, you guys.


I'm so ready to turn the page on this week but it's not over yet so I'm trying to find the good.

Kent worked late a few nights but got home early the others, which led to some fun family time in the evenings. Glow in the dark jump rope and glow in the dark basketball and baseball were involved! Fun memories made.

Warmer weather is right around the corner.

I'm blaming the full moon plus the fact it was the week after Spring Break (staying up late, eating less healthfully) as the reason for extra emotions this week, which means next week will be a dream, of course.

None of us are basketball super fans around here so no hearts were broken over the losses.

We had an older phone around here that my super techie husband was able to get working for me. He put all my "stuff" on exactly as it was on my other phone. Also in the meantime I was so thankful Kael had a phone I could use!

Kase's head is fine and the bumps have already faded to light bruises. I do think he should wear a helmet during all wakeful hours, though. Just sayin'.

My wedding ring was found. I'm not a person who takes my rings off, like, ever so it was super weird that it went missing. Kent found it in our bed- still no idea if I took it off in my sleep or if it fell off? Either way, I felt like I was holding my breath all day until it was found.


While it has been a trying week, there have been lots of good things and I would love to share one.

Kael has been working on a biography for several months. He interviewed my grandma awhile back and today he got to bring his very professional (hard-cover even!) looking book home! He was so anxious to show grandma! He proudly read her each page and let her keep the book to show all her friends. The bond these two have is so, so special. 


Here's to hoping the rest of the week is easy!

No comments: