3.17.2016

Spring Break, Part II

Spring Break continues to be a ton of fun for us.  I'm just so, so enjoying spending the week with my kids.

Tuesday morning we picked up Casey's donuts. 


My mom offered to take each of my kids for a day during Spring Break so she got to spend time one on one with them and they got to feel special, having Grandma all to themselves! For Kael's day, he chose to have my mom take him to visit my great aunts.  I'm just so proud of this kid- he has such a big heart.  I can't think of many other ten year olds who would choose to spend their day visiting a nursing home? 




After their visit, my mom took him out for pizza, then back to her house to bake cookies. In the meantime, Kase, Kylee and I spent the morning playing outside at the park, then had some friends over in the afternoon.



I forgot to mention that our boomerang got stuck on the top of our roof so when my mom came to pick up Kael, she found me on the roof rescuing it! Normally that's a job I would reserve for Kent but he won't be back until Friday and the kids really wanted the boomerang down.  I don't love heights so they were surprised I was willing to retrieve it!




Tuesday afternoon we stopped by my sister's house to play for a bit, then picked up a few groceries when I discovered my phone didn't work.  Ugh.  Went to Verizon where they told me I could come back tomorrow to get it fixed.  I was bummed, but my day brightened a little when a friend told me it was Free Cone Day at Dairy Queen so the kids and I went there and they were so excited.  It's the little things, right?

That night the kids had a sleepover in Kael's room. Kase didn't last the whole night in there but I love seeing them have fun together.  Woke up Wednesday morning and my phone just started working again! Hooray!


Wednesday was Kylee's day to spend with Grandma.  She helped her decorate for Easter, had lunch at Leaning Tower and delivered a goodie basket to my grandma.  So sweet!






While Kylee was away, the boys and I stopped at our favorite park. I was a little chilly so Kael let me borrow his sweatshirt. He's certainly growing up. 




Wednesday afternoon the kids stayed and played at my mom's while I went out and got a good start on the April birthday shopping. Then we ended up having a later dinner at Chili's with my parents before heading home to bed.

The kids woke up this morning to some trickery from a leprechaun.  Holidays are so fun with kids.  They ate Lucky Charms and searched for gold coins around the house.  We have a fun day ahead and are SO thankful for the family that has helped us make Spring Break fun while Kent is away! And so, SO thankful that he gets home tomorrow!

No comments: