12.24.2015

Thankful Thursday

Merry Christmas Eve to all! What a wonderful time of year.  


I'm so thankful for this day to spend with my family.  



I'm thankful for these best early morning buddies. 


I'm thankful my kids have been enjoying each others' company.  The first few days of break, Kael spent the majority of his time with friends, outside shooting baskets since the weather was so nice.  Yesterday was so rainy, the kids and I just hung out together all day inside.  We baked bon bons, then the kids turned the bunk beds into a fort and played in there for the longest time.  There is nothing better than hearing their giggles and knowing they are having fun together (without electronics involved, I might add)!

I'm so thankful the rain *briefly* turned to snow yesterday! 


I'm so very thankful for Christmas Eve church.  Technically this year it was Christmas Eve Eve church for us.  But there is just nothing more special than seeing the kids faces lit up by candlelight while singing O Holy Night.  What a perfect reminder for us to keep the reason for the season at the center of our hearts. 




I'm thankful for some fun traditions we have today.  The kids always look forward to making a scavenger hunt for each other for their gifts.  We will also be enjoying some chocolate fondue tonight and everyone is so excited.

Wherever today finds you, may you and yours have a very merry Christmas! 

No comments: