11.23.2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

When Kylee and Kael came in the door from a short but very snowy walk home from school Friday, I had the hot cocoa on and was making popcorn.  I also had everything set out to make Christmas cookies.  Kylee screamed with joy and declared it the Best Friday of her Life.

This handsome little sous chef had helped me prep some deep dish pizza dough earlier in the day, too.



In between all the eating and baking, we played outside in the season's first snow!




Kent came home from work early and we had plans to enjoy a family movie night and eat pizza.  Just as we were coming inside, Kent had a call from his dad, who needed a ride downtown to the hospital. He'd hurt his back and needed an MRI so Kent spent his evening at the hospital with his dad.  Keith will be meeting with a surgeon later today, so we should know more then.  

Saturday we started decorating for Christmas, which has turned into quite the debate in our house. Kael says it's waaaay too early to decorate but Kylee has been begging to put the tree up for over a week. We compromised by starting to put a few things out, but not all the Christmas stuff is up yet. 



Kase's idea of decorating is a little different than mine. I asked him to carry this wooden sign upstairs and I later found him coloring the white words in with a red crayon. For those of you who remember the Mr. Sketch marker fiasco (I can't remember if I  blogged about it- but Kase colored the couch and the living room carpet with a non-washable red marker) from earlier in the year might not be surprised by this.  

Kael had a basketball game then we spent the afternoon walking around in my parents' backyard. The first snowfall just makes everything look so pretty! Also, Grandpa taught my kids a pretty cool trick- shaking the trees makes snow fall on whomever might be standing under it...



Spent a lazy Saturday evening at home. Sunday after church Kent took the kids sledding while I did a little laundry and cleaning.  After lunch we put up a few more Christmas things and the boys watched football.  Later we went to my dad and mom's again for a walk in the snow.  Kent and the kids and my dad played outside while my mom and I did a little Christmas shopping. 


We wrapped up our Sunday watching Christmas movies together.  It was a great weekend!


No comments: