11.19.2015

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for grace.

I'm thankful for The Worlds Best Babysitters (aka: my kids' grandmas and grandpas).

I'm thankful for second chances.

I'm thankful for fancy dinners on a Thursday night.

I'm thankful for pats on the back from Kase. A reassuring pat from a three year old makes everything better. 

I'm thankful Kase has learned (rather, decided to succumb to the nagging/reminders) to shut the door when he uses the bathroom. 

I'm thankful for my mini me, emotions and all. My girl is all or nothing, black or white, heart and soul or I don't care. That type of passion is going to take her far in life.

I'm thankful Kael's homework isn't any harder. It's tough for him to have so much work to do outside of school. He tries so hard and never complains about it. Gosh, he's growing up so fast it hurts. 

I'm thankful for items that are not Hand Wash or Dry Clean only. My washing machine has been a work horse lately. So.much.laundry.

I'm thankful for my warm bed on this chilly night.

I'm thankful for Kent. So very thankful. 

I'm thankful for the snow that's coming tomorrow. It's still coming, right? Nothing beats the first snowfall of the season.

I'm thankful for plans tomorrow night with friends we haven't hung out with in awhile. Or, should the weather force us to cancel, I will be just as thankful for a lazy night in with my favorite four.

Oh friends. Sometimes the days are long. But these years are short and my heart aches for the people who have real problems. Not just My Kid Won't Shut The Bathroom Door type problems. Choosing to be thankful tonight. How about you? 

No comments: