11.17.2015

Kase

He wakes, screaming.

"I don't want a pull-up on! I won't potty in bed so don't put a pull-up on me anymore!"

Good morning, love.

My kisses are refused; wiped off.

I give them anyways.

I offer milk, he wants water. I offer Daniel Tiger, he wants Ninja Turtles.

I oblige.

He hits a sibling.

I discipline. Too loudly, probably.

And I hate it and I love it and I miss his baby-ness and I miss his freely given hugs and kisses and I want him to stop.growing.up but start growing out of the stubbornness. 

I'm sad for the times I'm angry with him because he can't help being a threenager. But it's hard and I'm tired and  I love him all the time and so very much.

We survived the sleepless, colicky baby days and nights. We will get through these tough days too. 





My littlest buddy occupies such a giant part of my heart.  Oh how I love you, Kaser.


No comments: