9.07.2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

Oh, how I love long weekends.  I especially long weekends that include beautiful weather, birthday celebrations, and lots of family time.

Friday night we celebrated Kent's birthday with my family.  We went out boating, Kent skiied with a new ski belt and then we had dinner at Sports Page.





Saturday morning Kent and my dad fished while I took Kael to soccer practice and played at the park with the kids. 


We watched the Hawkeye game with some friends- Kael LOVED holding baby Cooper! A Hawkeye win in the fall always makes for a good Saturday. 


Sunday after church Kent's family came to town.  We had lunch at Leaning Tower before the guys and Kaity headed off for a long, hot bike ride! Cindy and I met up with them in Slater where they refueled with water before heading to Madrid, where we met up with them again.  Back to Ankeny for ice cream at Dairy Queen! 



The air conditioner inside DQ had been broken for a few days so we chose to eat outside even though it was 90 degrees!

After ice cream, Kent, the kids and I went to the pool.  It wasn't as busy as I thought and I was happy to squeeze in one more pool visit before it closes for the year. Later that night we had some friends over. It was great to catch up with them and the kids all got along great.

Monday morning Kent rode bikes with the neighbor guys to Slater and back. When he got home we went to Sheffield to spend the day with my grandparents, parents, Tam and her family at the pond.  It couldn't have been a more beautiful day- the pictures just don't do it justice!


The kids caught a TON of fish. 









Grandpa Dean always offers up a dollar for the first fish caught!

Kase did a couple flips off the floating dock.  I nearly had a heart attack.

I can't think of a more perfect weekend to celebrate the main man in our lives.  Skiing, fishing, bike riding, dinners out with family and even an Oreo blizzard at DQ. All of his favorite things. 


Busy doesn't even begin to describe the week we have ahead of us.  We have school meetings, band meetings; Kase starts soccer and Kylee dances at the football game.  Kase and I start our first week of school; we have a family tailgate at Kent's work, there are book clubs, library events...the list goes on. I'm so glad we got to celebrate Kent's birthday this weekend! Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend as well!

No comments: