7.09.2015

Thankful Thursday

"I'm going to need you to post a Thankful Thursday blog ASAP," Kent texted me this morning. I hadn't planned on writing anything.  I was a little growly- the kids had been grumping about taking showers last night (how old are kids when they start to realize how wonderful showers are?!), one of them slept terribly last night (any guesses who?), and I woke up with loads (pun intended) of laundry to do.  

Thankful I had plans with a friend and her kids this morning to look forward to.  So, after scrolling through the ol' iPhone camera roll, I found an awful lot to be thankful for. 

I'm thankful my kids indulged me and played a few rounds of Pogs yesterday.  I moved to Ankeny as a fifth grader and Pogs were all the rage.  I thought I had tossed mine but found them in a tub in the basement yesterday and it made me insta-happy. 



I'm thankful Kylee is doing basketball camp.  The first day she didn't love, love it but her group won several races yesterday which seemed to make it more enjoyable. ;)


I'm thankful for our community.  All City Play Day was last night and, per usual, the kids had a blast.  It was a nice, cool night to be out and about! 




I'm thankful for a trip to the new donut store in town followed by a trip to Big Creek this morning with a neighbor/bestie. Another beautiful day to be outside!




I'm thankful the weekend is near but I'm sad about how quickly summer is flying by! So thankful school starts later this year!

No comments: