5.05.2015

Basement is done!

This will be short and sweet, but I feel like as much as I've mentioned our basement project around here that it was finally time I showed you the finished product! Kent put so, so many hours into finishing this basement, you guys.  I'm so grateful that he was able to do so much of it himself and super thankful he took care of the whole thing, start to finish.  I am not good at making big decisions like where to put the shower, what type of cabinets we want, and while Kent always sought out my opinion, he was always the one to pull the trigger.  If it had been all up to me, we'd probably still be in the framing stage.  If you'd like to see some before pictures, click here. 

Of course, there are still things that need to be hung on the wall.  I've seen a fun idea to do a travel wall so I have a big map that's framed and ready to be hung up, but I'm hoping to get the pictures for around the map figured out soon. 

One of the things I'm most excited about in the basement, besides having a couch that is super comfy and actually fit down the stairs, is the tables we found for behind the couch and the barstools.  They provide awesome, and often needed extra seats for when we have friends and family over.  Also, the kids think it is so fun to eat down there while we watch a movie.  



The bar area turned out really nice and I'm thankful for the cabinet and counter space.



This is an old table I put a bunch of pictures on, with storage bins for each kid underneath. Each bin has some favorite books, games, toys, etc.


I'm geeking out over finally having a space to put all our games and puzzles.


The couch.  It was totally worth three trips to Homemakers to end up with the.perfect.couch.


The space is pretty long and kind of narrow but the tables help to separate it into two spaces- the TV/couch area and the kids play area behind.




The bathroom is a nice size so Kent plans to build some shelves to the right of the shower for me.


We heart these tables.


We are so enjoying using this space! I think it's going to be awesome as the summer heat sets in. Love spending time as a family down there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG I LOVE IT! I can't wait to see it in person!