3.29.2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm typing this while I watch America's Funniest Videos with my favorite peeps (a perfect end to a weekend and a Sunday night tradition that dates waaaay back ;), so I'm going to type this in ;list format to make it quick.

Friday

Kids slept over at my parents' house.  

Kent and I enjoyed a rare night out and we I was finally able to decide on a couch for the basement.(Flooring will be installed this week.  Oh the excitement!)




Saturday
Surprised the boys with an early birthday present, a basketball hoop, so we can put it up and have it ready by their actual birthdays.

Check out Kael's reaction in this photo!

And Kase's in this one!


That's one happy kid.

Make that two happy kids. 

Went to an Easter egg hunt.  It seems like it is always cold on the day of the Jaycees hunt and this year was no different.  Totally worth it though! Kase and Kylee had fun (Kael was too old to participate- my buddy is growing up) and Kylee even won a prize.




Kent worked on installing the hoop while the kids and I did some errands- haircuts, picked out seeds for the garden, etc. Also, Kylee and I got pedis with some friends.



Kylee declared this her favorite pedicure ever.


Saturday night Kase ran into a pole at the park (the second time in as many weeks) and ended up with a GIANT goose egg on his forehead.  


Sunday

We always make pancakes on Sunday mornings and occasionally we'll make something fun out of them.  Today, Kase enjoyed his lion pancake.  Please kindly excuse the gal in the ratty Central sweatshirt in the background (um, it's me). 


The kids got to sing in church and were pretty excited about it.  
Kylee is near the middle left, Kael is near the top right. 


Later the Patterson crew came for lunch- the kids were so excited to have their uncles here, especially.  The kids watched out the window for them for a full half hour before they arrived. 



We dyed Easter eggs.  I'm so glad Kael wasn't too old for that. 


Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: