3.23.2015

Weekend Wrap-Up, Spring Break Edition

I'm going to attempt a quick post to recap our Spring Break fun.  Be prepared for lots of pictures and some of this will be a repeat from last post but I want to have all our memories of the week in once place.

Thursday the kids came home from school so excited about Spring Break! And the weather was decent.  So we played outside, Kylee had dinner at a friend's house then later a bunch of neighbors gathered in our driveway/garage to watch the ISU game and let the kids play around.



Friday, Kent had the day off and we decided to head to the Science Center.  Kids loved the IMAX movie about sharks and had lots of fun with the bubbles area in the actual Science Center.  Walked to Spaghetti Works for lunch, where Kylee ordered a peanut butter and jelly pizza that she was over the moon about.  Spent the afternoon playing with friends, then headed over to Dad and Mom's for dinner and to play around in the backyard.




Saturday we did a few things around the house then Keith and Cindy came, we had lunch, a quick stop at the new elementary park, then off to ride bikes at Cherry Glen.  I was so happy with how well the kids rode and how much fun they had.  Capped off our afternoon at Dairy Queen where Kase decided to swap his twist cone for my strawberry cheesecake blizzard.  I can't believe I let him get away with that.  ;) Back home, Kylee and I walked to her friend's house to pick her up to play at the park.



Sunday we went to a neighbor's birthday brunch.  We had such a fun time celebrating their {current} littlest cutie before their baby boy arrives in a month! Spent the afternoon playing outside.

It was so sweet of Mark to let Kael help be the pancake chef.  




Monday the kids hung out with my mom and visited my grandma while I did a few errands.  Met at Los Charros for a funny lunch then home to play outside in 80 degree weather! Sure did set up the water table and Kylee had a friend over to play.  Kael has been playing lots of basketball at the neighbor's house lately and I hope he's excited that we (shhh) got him one for our house for his birthday! Later that night we went to Dairy Queen as they were giving away free cones.  You know we weren't gonna miss out on that.



Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day.  This is not a holiday I'm super excited about at all.  I wear my green, but that's about it.  Kylee, however, get so excited for this day.  The leprechaun left some gold coins and a few other things for the kids and she was super excited.  Then Mom went with us to Chuck E. Cheese- the kids LOVED it.  Also stopped by the mall to see the Easter Bunny, play at the playplace and ride the train.  Another fun stop.  Kael had an afternoon appointment with his sports therapist (his legs have still been really bothering him).  Later Kylee had a sleepover at her friend's house so Kael invited a friend to stay here. 



Wednesday the boys and I picked up donuts for breakfast and just hung out.  Kase and I baked cookies, Kylee went to the Indoor Playground with her friend then late afternoon we loaded up and headed to the Bucs Arena for some open ice skating that Kylee's friend had told us about.  I knew Kylee would have a friend meeting us there, but Kael was pumped that one of his buddies was there too.  It was one of those things that turned out to be way more fun that I anticipated so that was awesome. Hoping to do some more ice skating soon!






Thursday Kael had a March Madness basketball thing that the Parks and Rec puts on every year over Spring Break and it's something he really looks forward to.  He had a great time. Meanwhile, Kylee, Kase and I stopped by Mom's house to play- she was babysitting Huston since my sister is in France so we wanted to go over and visit while she had him there.

Friday Kent had the day off again.  The painters had finished in the basement so Kent spent a good part of the day putting on door knobs, light switch covers, etc.  The kids and I spent the day playing outside then later my dad stopped by so he, Kent, Kael and Kase took a bike ride out to Cherry Glen.  Later some friends stopped by to watch the Iowa game.  We have been more into March Madness than ever before this year.  So fun!

Saturday morning we hung out at my parents' house "helping" collect sticks for a bonfire.  The kids enjoyed loading up the trailer and Kael had fun driving it.  Later that afternoon we met Keith and Cindy at a hotel in town! We had the best time swimming and just hanging out.  Went out for supper, swam some more then Kent and I brought Kase home while the big kids got to sleep over. 



We were missing Kyle and Kevin for our pool tower this year! ;) And please excuse Kent's growly look in this picture.  Honestly, he was having fun.  I don't know how/why he looks upset here?


Kael is getting so grown up. (Above) But I love that he still has a goofy side. (Below)





Sunday we met back up at the hotel for breakfast and more swimming.  Then Cindy and I Easter basket shopped for the kids and later went to Kyle's Bikes to have Kael fitted for some new shoes that can hopefully help his heels feel better.  Later Tammy was home so we went to visit her and she had brought us some chocolates from France that the kids were super excited about.  Also had a blast letting the kids run around the backyard before sharing some of her Welcome Home cake. ;) Back home, I went for a loooong walk with my neighbor besties and spent some more time with the kids playing outside, basking in the last few hours of our Spring Break week.

Also, my littlest buddy got himself a cool new 'do this morning.  Love it! We are so ready for spring!



All in all, it was a GREAT one! How was your break?



No comments: