12.22.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

It was a fun-filled weekend, you guys.  I love the holidays!!!!

Friday I went to the kids' school parties.  I'm love getting to be a part of these special days.  The excitement is contagious! Friday afternoon and evening was pretty low-key.  Kent fixed a few things around the house, we watched movies and played games. 




Saturday morning we were all up early.  Even for us.  We were all excited for Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's house! It was such a great day.  Everyone was healthy, the food and company were wonderful.  We have so very much to be thankful for.  I didn't do a great job taking pictures but I got a few and the rest are borrowed from my sistah. 

Christmas cuties.  

The littlest boys all gave Grandpa tractors because they play (sometimes a little bit rough) with his other ones.

Kylee is such a giver.  Nothing makes her happier. 

Looking for squirrels. 

So I don't have a great picture of Kael during one of my favorite moments of the day, but I wanted to write about it so I didn't forget.  We play this exchange game that is just so much fun and the gifts are anything and everything! Kael opened up 3 huge bags of chips and his reaction was priceless. He laughed so hard he nearly fell off his chair! He later told me it was one of his favorite gifts of the entire day.  

My loves.

Are you dying at these glasses? All the grandkids got them in their stockings and most of them wore them around for awhile.  Too cute!

I received these giant playing cards in the gift exchange.  Kent's so fun.  He immediately opened them and started up a game! 

Kent (and the other guys) got a fantastic "stocking" gift this year.  My dad filled a tool bag with allllll sorts of "guy" stuff for each of them.  Kent loved it!

We spent the day playing games, eating, laughing, opening gifts.  It was just a perfect day. We even had cheesecake delivered from New York (remember last year my dad surprised us with that New York trip?).  A sweet finish to a lovely day. Thanks Mom and Dad, for everything you did to make it such a special day!

Sunday morning we did a little organizing and tidying while the kids played with all their new toys.  They got some great stuff! Later we met Kent's family and Grandpa John and Grandma Jenny at Jethro's for brunch.  Then they came back here to celebrate.  The kids are always excited to have their uncles in town and we really enjoyed spending time with his grandparents who we don't see that often.

Sunday afternoon I wanted to finish up some last minute gifts while Kent and the kids went for a walk in my parents backyard.  I immediately regretted it, the second I pulled into Target and saw how insanely busy it was.  I got a couple things and got outta there.  We came home and baked cookies for Santa.  A great end to a great weekend!

No comments: