7.24.2014

What's going on

I didn't get around to posting a Weekend Wrap-Up and didn't intend to write a Thankful Thursday post this week.  The writing mood hasn't struck me lately, evidently.

Kent made sure I knew that I had missed a Weekend Wrap-Up.  I'm happy he cares. :)

So, for my sake, and for Kent's...here's what we've been up to.

We missed out on an annual trip to the lake with some dear friends.  Our kids had been sick and I didn't want to risk getting their crews sick too.  But I do hate missing out.  Dinner soon, ladies?? (I know you still read my blog, and don't think I haven't been blog-stalking yours...hoping for pictures and stories of the weekend ;)

We stained our deck.  It's a terribly tedious task.  Kent much prefers tasks like framing the basement.  But it's done.

I made some curtains for our front door following this how-to.  Because I don't sew.  And because I've been wanting something to cover the windows on our front door for over two years now.  I really love the natural light that comes in during the day and I love to be able to see who is coming to our door, but at night, I don't love how open it is and how easy it would be for people to see in our front door.  They turned out great and super easy!

I roasted a whole chicken in the oven and then spent the rest of the evening cleaning out the oven.  Ugh. Splattered chicken grease is not my favorite thing in the world.

I planted some flowers on the south side of our house- another project that's been on my to-do list for-ev-er. The colors of the Black-Eyed Susans make me think of the Hawkeyes which make me think of football season which I love.  So basically I planted Hawkeye flowers.

Each of my big kids have had a "Grandma Day" this week.  Tuesday she took Kael out for lunch and hung out with him the rest of the afternoon and today it was Kylee's turn to do the same.  They each enjoyed some time away and enjoyed spending one-on-one time with grandma.

I filled approximately 53,076,848 water balloons for the kids yesterday and they lasted all of twenty minutes.  But those twenty minutes were totally worth it.

Kael's been seeing our favorite chiropractor, who also happens to be his uncle, lately and the adjustments seem to be helping in a big way.  We had some friends over recently who commented on how great Kael seemed to be doing!

Speaking of Kael...today I let him go to the pool by himself.  A couple of his friends were going to be there, but Kase needed a nap, so I dropped him off for an hour (which was also the longest hour of my life).  I think he felt like a pretty big deal.  He's really growing up.

Have a great weekend, guys!

No comments: