7.01.2014

NYC!

It probably goes without saying that we had an amazing time in New York.  Plans were a little uncertain up until the last minute (with my grandma in the hospital) but my mom, my sisters and I were all able to enjoy four days together in the Big Apple! And grandma even got to come home from the hospital while we were away and she's doing great!

For my own sake, I'd love to write about every single thing we did and post every single picture.  But for your sake and the sake of time, I'll post a few highlights.


It was a little early but we were ready to go!


I hope we can make this trip (new location, same people) an annual thing. 


Landed in NYC, hotel found, ready to explore!


Rockerfeller Center.


Don't even get me started on all the famous people we saw. ;) Ok, so we didn't see anyone famous.  But we did go to a few of their restaurants. We saw Morimoto's restaurant, ate at Guy Fieri's restaurant, saw the Cake Boss Cafe...so fun.




We got a little goofy after a long walk through Central Park.  It was so pretty and the weather was so nice we just kept walking and walking. 



We determined that all subways in Europe were far superior to the one in NYC. I had an easier time navigating them in a foreign language than in English! 


We ate Mexican food because that's just what we do when we're without the husbands.  



Times Square at night!








We ate the.best.pizza at this cute little spot that near the Brooklyn Bridge. 


Face time with Brooklyn on the Brooklyn Bridge!


Most knowledgeable tour guide ever.


We heart the Chrysler Building.  


It was Pride weekend while we were there.  And the Empire State building even dressed up for it!


Can you even? Tam snapped this gem from the top of our night tour bus.  


I made it a point to eat everything New York-ish while we were there.  Bagel, pizza, cheesecake- yum! I had my eye on a Cronut, too but wasn't about to waste precious site-seeing time waiting in line. 



Boat tour!



Here's a fun fact about me.  I don't love heights.  Flying scares the heck out of me and going to the top of the Empire State Building was plenty nerve-wracking. But the view was totally worth it!



Last morning...ready to go home and see our kiddos! And husbands!



Before we left town we saw some guys practicing their flag routine for the Pride Parade.  Would have loved to have been able to watch the parade and see them in action. 



Home sweet home! My dad is the one who sent us on the trip (what a fantastic Christmas gift) and he's the one who dropped us off and picked us up at the airport.  What a guy.  I couldn't have asked for a better trip with better ladies! 



In short, our trip was perfect.  The weather couldn't have been better. Name something famous in NY and we saw it.  Seriously.  Try me.  Brooklyn Bridge? Yup.  Central Park? Check.  Empire State Building? Statue of Liberty? Chelsea Market? Check, check, check. I even successfully hailed a taxi.  I couldn't begin to list everything we saw but here's a few more: Grand Central Station, Yankee Stadium, we rode the subway (and lived to tell about it), Wall Street, St. Patrick's Cathedral, the World Trade Center, Highline Park, we bought food from street vendor trucks, and spent as much time as possible in our beloved Bryant Park.

It was great to go, and great to get home.  Kent got along just fine with the kids while I was away and certainly appreciated help from his family.

What a great trip!

No comments: