6.23.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's been a crazy summer, you guys.

Kael's been in the hospital and we have had tons of doctor's appointments, my grandma's been in the hospital, Kent has been insanely busy with work and All Star Little League stuff. 

Imagine my elation when my dad invited us to join him in the Dells for a quick weekend trip.  Kael had a party for a friend Friday night, but Kylee, Kase and I were free so Friday morning, I loaded up the car and took off! I was a little worried how the five hour trip would go but Kylee was such a helper, handing Kase toys and snacks along the way. Kent and Kael then joined us the next morning.  Was it a little foolish to have two cars on vacation? Yes.  Was it totally worth it? You bet.

I didn't bring along my big camera, so here's a few phone pictures.  We fit in all of the things I consider a "must do" while in the Dells.  We did water parks, go karts, saw the water ski show and rode the Duck.  So fun!

Kylee was worried that if she lost these two teeth while were away, the Tooth Fairy would have a hard time finding her. However, the teeth continue to hang on by a thread!


Both of my big kids LOVED this ride. 





My little daredevil.



Kase was so happy that he could swim "by himself" (with the help of a life jacket).



The water ski show was amazing.  Kael was laughing harder than I've ever heard him laugh before!







Kylee had a Shirley Temple with lunch and immediately became obsessed with knowing anything and everything about Shirley Temple.




The kids would have had fun just staying at the hotel! I must admit, the Kalahari was pretty amazing.  Kase particularly loved the live baby tigers that were in the lobby each day!



Play hard, sleep hard.



We all enjoyed riding the Duck.


I love it that Kael and Kylee are big enough to do several of the big waterslides on their own!


A weekend getaway was just what we needed.  Now, back to the daily grind! 

No comments: