6.09.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm sad to report, friends, that I have nothing to report.

Our weekend was pretty uneventful.  Kael's level of activity has taken a nosedive due to his sore leg.  We're not marathoners or anything, but I would certainly consider us a very active family.  Neighbors reported how strange it was to drive by our house and see us not outside for all of last week.  Kase saw a farther-away-neighbor who we don't know very well outside with a skid loader the other day so we walked over to say hi.  The guy was so nice, even saying, "Kudos to you.  My wife and I often comment on how you and your husband are always out with your kids.  Looks like a lot of quality family time and it's really neat to see." 

So sweet of him to say that because it certainly lifted my spirits.  Everything we wanted to do all weekend involved outside activity.  Pool? Hit some balls up at the field? Park? Adventureland? High Trestle Trail? Boating? We knew Kael wasn't up for any of those things.

He even said, "no thanks" when family offered to take him out for lunch.

Friday night we did get to eat dinner with my side of the fam, and see my mom's new ride so that was fun.  Kent got to go fishing with my dad and have lunch out with his parents.  Kael had buddies stopping by often and we had popsicles with the neighbors.  So our weekend was far from a loss, folks.  In fact, we capped off the weekend with all of us watching Finding Bigfoot (Kael's favorite show) with a special appearance from Turtleman (from Call of the Wildman).  I know. I doubt you can top that!

I don't mind a weekend at home with the fam, and honestly the kids had fun just bumming around with friends.  Kent, on the other hand, was ready for some action.  He was dying to do anything.  I'm pretty sure he would have even gone water skiing yesterday even though temps barely hit 70.

For Kael (and Kent's) sake, I do hope he makes a speedy recovery because summer still doesn't really feel like summer.  We've spent more time watching TV and playing Wii than ever before.  The kids' reading logs are nearly completed already.

We've got a few more Little League games ahead that Kael can't play in.  We'll go watch and support the team but between you and me, my excitement for the season has started to wane.

We've got a lot of summer left and we plan on enjoying it to the fullest, whether it be on the couch or outside!

Have a good week, friends.

No comments: