5.19.2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

I love weekends.  I really love warm weekends.  I really really love warm weekends filled with family, friends and baseball (wins). :)

We spent Friday night at the ball fields making up a game that had been rained out.  We were so happy that lots of friends and family were there to help cheer Kael on!



Saturday morning we went to the groundbreaking of the Ankeny Market & Pavillion. This thing is kind of a big deal, guys! Click the link and check it out! My dad has been part of the group that's getting this whole thing going so he got to speak at the event and we were so proud to be there watching him.





These guys (who are all a pretty big deal) did a good job of "breaking the ground" but personally, I'm a little partial to the group below.




We're so fun(ny). 

 

We strolled around the Ankeny Farmer's Market (while we were there I pointed to some rhubarb and asked my kids if they knew what it was- the closest guess was "red celery". #mycitykids) for awhile then headed to the hospital to visit my grandma.  The kids were so sweet and happy to see her and I sure hope we helped to brighten her day a little.  Saturday afternoon Kael had another game then we were off to our old neighbor's graduation party.  

First off, I canNOT believe she's graduating.  When we moved in to our old house, she was in fifth grade and I feel like that was not nearly long enough ago that now she's old enough to be graduating! It was so fun being back in the old 'hood. The big kids were more sentimental than I had anticipated though- Kylee was nearly in tears peering over the fence into our old backyard, seeing the old treehouse Kent had built, seeing that our old swingset had been taken down, and seeing the backyard not mowed and full of weeds and honestly, Kent and I were a little sad too. We tried not to let that get us down and we ran into some other old neighbors who had kids our kids' ages and we headed over to their house after the graduation party so the kids could all hang out a little longer.  It was great catching up with them. 

Sunday morning we had nursery duty at church where Kent triumphantly got a child to stay in the nursery the entire service who had never lasted and entire service before.  Those of you who have had your child's number put up on the big screen to go retrieve them know what a big deal this is! Kase has only recently been able to stay in nursery without us there so I know this all too well. 

Right after church we headed out for a boat ride.  Kael caught a fish almost immediately and Kent also caught a fish before the motor died.  Some boys from the marina came out to rescue us and we were on our way! Oh, what an adventure! After the boat ride, we played at the big park for awhile.






On the boat with a Diet Pepsi and three large pizzas = a very happy husband. 

Kylee made sure the rescue guys knew where we were. 


Kael and I played a little hangman while we waited. 

When we got home, one of Kael's teammates stopped by to see if he wanted to go to the batting cages.  Kase napped and Kylee ran through the sprinkler.  Later we all went to our church's CeleMAYtion out at Sandpiper- such a fun picnic with relay races/sand volleyball/kickball/chalk/bubbles, etc.

This warm weekend had me totally itchin' for it to be summer.  I'm ready for days like this every day!

No comments: