5.22.2014

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful my lilacs have bloomed.  Is there a better smell in the entire world?

I'm thankful (again) for our proximity to the school.  The other day Kylee spotted me when she was out at recess and ran over to our back gate.  "I'm dying, here, Mom.  So hot.  Toss me some flip flops?" So I did and she swapped them for her tennies and threw them back over the fence, then gave Kase a high five and ran back to her friends.

I'm thankful that Kent hung with the kids last night so I could go out for dinner with my sisters.  We've been trying to get together for dinner without the kids since last August and I can tell you it came at the perfect time.  I was so ready for a night out.

I'm thankful when Kase stays in our house or in our yard.  He's going through a very challenging "running away" stage.  He's able to open the locks on all of our doors and we only have a fence about halfway around our yard (neighbors have one and there's the fence by the school) so he runs.  Often.  I can't wait for Kael and Kylee to be home all day so he has something worth staying here for!

I'm thankful for warmer weather.  Yesterday I put the water table on the deck and blocked the stairs with our grill so Kase was essentially trapped.  He and Kylee had the BEST time playing and I didn't have to worry about him running.

I'm thankful I have a summer plan in place for things like an "I'm bored" jar and a chore chart and stuff like that.  The transition to summer can be very tricky around here.

I'm thankful that Kase adds the word "bootie" to the end of every sentence.  I'm not sure he has any idea what it means but he says it all.the.time.  As in, "Hi Mommy bootie" and "Where's my tractor bootie?".  Two year olds are funny if you let yourself be humored by them.

Happy Thursday, all!

No comments: