1.01.2014

I hope I never forget...

...how Kael wets his his hair down every time he goes in the bathroom because he wants it to "go the other way".  The fact that he is caring about his appearance speaks volumes about how much he's been growing up lately.

...how Kylee flies down the stairs in her rear end. I have never seen anything like it in my life.

...how Kael wants me to stay in his bedroom until he is all situated and apologizes for "making me wait so long" then in the sweetest voice and he signals that he is ready for me to leave by saying "Goodnight, Mom." And then I know he's ready for me to walk out the door. 

...how they still make footie pajamas in Kylee's size and how happy they make her. 

...how Flarp is the funniest thing in the world to an eight and six year old. 

...how Kase holds up one finger high above his head and proudly proclaims, "One!!!" when you ask him how old he is.

...how Kylee sings "Hail to the King" at the top of her lungs.

...how I learned to knit so I could help Kael since his teacher has been teaching him and he wanted to practice at home.  Several YouTube videos later, I had it down.  Well, at least enough to help him.

...how Kael schooled all the neighborhood dads in a geography quiz on NYE.

2013 was a good one but I think 2014 is going to be even better! Happy New Year's, everyone!

No comments: