11.27.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful pen washes off easier from chubby little legs than it does from shirts.

I'm thankful for the paper mistletoe Kylee made to hang downstairs. I have always wanted mistletoe in the house! I love how she stands under it saying, "Hey Mom can you come here for just a second?" I totally play along and walk over to see what she needs. "Ha!" She exclaims as she points up then plants a big smooch on my cheek.

I'm thankful that I remembered the cup of coffee I put in the microwave.  Reheated coffee isn't the best thing in the world but my throat was so sore and I reached into the microwave to heat up something else when I discovered the coffee I had put in there this morning! Tasted so good.

I'm thankful that Kent found humor in my unusual early morning grumpiness.

I'm thankful for my helper putting up the Christmas tree.

I'm thankful for the season's first snowman in our yard.



I am thankful I have my voice back. 

I'm thankful that now when I ask Kase his name he responds, "Cake!" So close. :)

I'm thankful for the days Kent has off.  He has been a huge help getting things ready for the holidays.

I'm thankful that Kylee was as excited as I was to fill our cookie jars with holiday cookies.  We made red and green thumbprint cookies this morning.  So festive!

I'm thankful the kids enjoy decorating the tree.  I love seeing their faces as they unwrap each ornament, remembering what year they got it and how old they were.  My grandma gives all of us ornaments each year and my mom gives ornaments to the kids each year so our tree is certainly getting full! 

I'm thankful for the happy beep our laundry makes when it's done.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you are finding lots to be thankful for today.

No comments: