11.07.2013

Thankful Thursday

I am equal parts thankful and surprised that Kent volunteered to coach Kael's basketball team this year.

I'm thankful the Jaguar volleyball team made it to state!!! Wishing I could go cheer them on!

I'm thankful for a free weekend ahead.  By free, I mean Kent will be putting up the Christmas lights. He can't wait.  #kidding

I'm thankful we've stayed, for the most part, healthy.  Neighbors/friends/family have all had runny noses, some have had ear infections, sinus infections, croup...I feel lucky that we've only had coughs so far.

I'm thankful my Christmas cards are ordered.  Every year "getting them done" trumps "making them perfect".

I'm thankful it's soup season.

I'm thankful for each holiday catalog and magazine that I get in the mail.

I'm thankful Kase doesn't fall off the table when he chooses to play tractors up there.


I'm thankful for homemade hot chocolate and mountains of marshmallows with the kids on late start days.

I'm thankful that Kent seems ambivalent about whether I put the tree up before Thanksgiving or not. Usually he much prefers that we wait, but I think he's beginning to see the light .  Really, there's not as much time between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year so it only makes sense to put it up early so we can enjoy it for longer.  

Once again, with the holidays nearing, I am trying to be extra thankful for things I take for granted.  I'm thankful that Kent has a great job that allows me to stay home with the kids. These diaper-changing, runny-nose-wiping, library storytime-going days can seem long, but the years are short and I am lucky to have a husband who sees the value in me staying home.  

What are you thankful for?

No comments: