11.14.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for the moments that remind me that Kylee is still little. For example, she has spent all week making "ottomans" (ornaments) for the little tree in her room.

I'm thankful the kids trees are up in their rooms. Things are starting to feel festive!

I'm thankful that conferences went well for the kids last night. The fact that they like going to school and get good report cards is something I take for granted.

I'm thankful Keith and Cindy were available to come help with the kids during conferences.

I'm thankful for the snow flurries! When Kase saw them his eyes got so big.  Love the awe of it all.

I'm thankful for the remote start on our coffee maker. Just kidding. It doesn't have one. But it should. I know it has a timer I can set for it to automatically start, but many mornings I am not sure how early Kase will be calling me out of bed. Really I just need a remote start so I can sleepily start it from my bed, then drag myself out of the bed, get my Kaser and make my way downstairs where a fresh pot of coffee waits for me. This is not too much to ask, right?

I'm thankful for all the new words Kase says.  He will repeat, or at least attempt to repeat, everything I say.  I canNOT get enough and often find myself saying things just so I can hear him say them too.

I'm thankful when Kylee says to me, "Mom, can we bake a pie sometime soon?"  She's happiest when she's in the kitchen, just like her mom. 

I'm thankful my dad took Kase and me to the State Volleyball Tournament on Tuesday.  Such great memories at that place and SO FUN watching the Jags win!!!

I'm thankful for a family that makes a task like putting up Christmas lights pretty enjoyable. 


I'm thankful Kent is such a good guy. Kylee and her neighbor friend had him walking them around our house like this!


I'm thankful Kase liked the volleyball game!


Also thankful he fell asleep for the second and third games.


I'm thankful for Kylee as my dinner date. So fun to have the kids one-on-one sometimes.  Also thankful she shared that giant sundae with me!




Happy Thursday!

No comments: