10.24.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful the snow has held off so far.  There have been flurries in the forecast, but the longer it stays away, the better, in my opinion.  Really I just need snow for Christmas, then it could jump right back up to seventy degrees please and thank you.

I'm thankful that I've gotten a jump on Christmas presents! Not many, but a few of the project-y ones have been started, at least.

I'm thankful that it isn't Daylight Savings Time yet.  Kase is already waking up at 5:00 so when DST hits, he will be up at 4:00, essentially.  I need a nap just thinking about that.

I'm thankful Kent is home at 5:15 every night.  By that time of the day I have pulled Kase off the top of our table approximately five hundred times, caught him digging his fingers in my chapstick approximately three hundred times and dragged him out of our craft cupboard approximately a thousand times (he loves to find all the pencils and bite the erasers off- ugh!).

As the holidays near, I find myself being thankful for things that are often overlooked: a husband who loves me, children who are (mostly) well-behaved, friends who care, a warm house to call our home, and good food on our table and family who would do anything for us.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: