9.15.2013

Weekend Wrap-Up: Cabin Edition

You never saw it coming, right? A photo-heavy recap of our weekend? Here's a quick run-down.


  • We missed my older sister and her family as they were unable to join us this weekend. :(
  • My younger sister spent a big chunk of the time sick/sleeping.  :(
  • Kent didn't catch as many fish as he hoped. :(
  • It rained all of Saturday afternoon. :(


Sounds like a bummer trip, right?

WRONG! We really did miss Mandy & crew, but by the time they would have gotten there Saturday it would have been raining the whole time they were there so they wouldn't have gotten to fish or ski or swim.  Tam was sick, but luckily there was a whole bunch of us just jumping at the chance to hold Huston, so she could catch up on some much needed zzzz's.  Kent may have not caught as many fish as he wanted, but he did spend a lot of time out on the boat fishing without a care in the world.  And the rain actually came at the perfect time- we got to hang out in the cabin and watch the Hawks win!!! (Thanks to Kent hookin' the cable up).  We got to spend a bunch of time playing games and relaxing.  It was awesome.

A late night arrival (1:00 AM, actually) paired with an early morning wake-up call from Kase means giant cups of coffee and tired eyes.   

We heart photobombing. 

Kase's shirt very appropriately says Grandpa's Little Buddy.  

Me and my mini-me chillin' on the porch swing.

Kent mowed the entire lawn while we were there because he's awesome and because Kase likes to ride along on both the mower and the golf cart. 

Chalk art!

Kael had the best time playing catch with Ama, trying to teach her how to throw the ball correctly. :)

Lots of lounging around and lots of eating is really the name of the game when we're at the cabin.

What a fisherman.

S'mores!

Close faces.

Yes, the sunrise over the lake is really that beautiful.  And not a bad looking group of fellas either!

Watching for the boat to come in.

There's an apple tree at the cabin and Kylee must have picked one hundred apples. One of my favorite memories of the whole trip was watching my grandpa see how much Kylee loved those little Honeycrisp apples, and whenever he'd go outside alone, he'd come back in with another one for her.  A special reminder of how awesome it is that my children have gotten to know their great-grandparents so well. 

Orange smiles at breakfast. 

Cousins!

Why yes, those are my dad's Crocs I'm wearing.  

Kylee wrapped up in a float, obviously.  

Fisherman in training.

Baking brownies with my girl. 

How sweet is this picture? Thanks, Mom, for capturing this moment!

Another highlight was watching Kent water ski.  I feel like such a bum for not joining him, but he makes it look way too easy! I ski once every year just to make sure I still can and I haven't yet this year.  I better get in the water soon before it gets much colder!

The kids rode so well both there and back (it's a five hour drive) and we made it home in time for Kael's football game today.

A huge thanks to my parents and grandparents for providing such a fun weekend for us!

We are a happy, tired bunch.  How was your weekend?

No comments: