9.19.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful for the spiderweb decoration my mom gave me the other day.  I have some fall decor, but I don't think I have any specific Halloween decor.  I put it in our front window- so festive!

I'm shamelessly thankful for the full Starbucks punch card I have.  I cannot wait to cash it in for a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

I'm thankful for the rain earlier in the week.

I'm thankful for a night *in* with a couple of neighbors/besties tonight.

I'm thankful for football season.

I'm thankful that my name was drawn among the bevy of parents who volunteered to go on the kindergarten field trip to the apple orchard in a couple of weeks.  One of the biggest perks of my job is accompanying my kids and their classmates on trips.

I'm thankful for frequent walks across the street to feed the ducks at the pond.  Kase loves to throw bread.  I figure I'm building up a strong throwing arm even if he's more likely to end up a lineman than a QB. :)

I can't believe I forgot to mention last week but I was so thankful for a quick visit from my friend Andrea.  Her day job is delivering babies but she managed to squeeze in a trip back to the DM area and see me and my fam! I could go five minutes or five years without seeing her and I swear we'd pick right back up where we left off.  Some things (the good things, as far as I'm concerned) never change.

I'm going to do a preemptive thankful here.  I will be so thankful for anyone who has advice on third grade boy friendships.  Kael has been hanging out with a neighbor kid for months now, with lots of talk about an upcoming birthday sleepover and just this morning Kael told me he wasn't going to get invited to the sleepover because his "friend" changed his mind and now likes a different kid "better than Kael".  I was more crushed than Kael, and maybe Kael will still end up getting invited...but it was one of the few times lately that I've opened my mouth and nothing came out.  I didn't have the right comforting words to say.  I didn't want to put Kael's "friend" down, even though I'm not entirely sure how much of a true friend this kid is to Kael.  I couldn't even fake an upbeat, "That's ok, Kael! We'll find something else fun to do that day!" So...help? Kids can be so mean.

On that note, I'm thankful the weekend is almost here.  Our busy weeknight routine is making the weeks fly by around here!

Happy Thursday, guys!

No comments: