9.20.2013

Right now

I'm reading (again) French Kids Eat Everything.  I know far more than any suburban housewife should about the French eating habits.  That is, I've read several books on the topic and every time I read one I get inspired to change our way of eating and every time my motivation lasts about five minutes.  Ahh someday.

I'm contemplating chopping my hair.  The length is starting to get to me.

I'm wishing for a new wardrobe.  Guess I'll stick to jeans and hooded sweatshirts for awhile.

I'm feeling crazy proud of Kylee.  She's recently started gymnastics and she LOVES it.  Like, love loves it.  This week she was the only one in her class that the teacher allowed to try climbing to the top of the rope and Kylee nailed it! How fun is it watching your child be successful at something they love so much?!  Her face just lit up and she gave me the biggest smile through the window at the gym.
Sky- high Ky!

I'm also feeling lucky that we didn't lose power or have any major storm damage from yesterday.

I'm looking forward to dinner out with my in-laws tonight.  Is there any better start to the weekend than a trip to El Azteca? I think not.

I'm mildly concerned about how long Kase has been asleep.  Evidently he's loving naptime today.

I'm needing to step away from the computer and go do some dishes from the puppy chow, caramel apple dip, and Spanish tortilla I just made.  Without fail, if Kase asleep, I'm cooking.

I'm curious about when to "harvest" our pumpkins. Five of them have turned orange, one is still green, and the vines continue to grow and bud every day.  Does anyone know anything about this? Basically I'm just looking for the green light to go ahead and pluck them from the south side of our house and set them on our front porch.

I'm waving at Kylee at recess.  This will never get old to me.

I'm pleasantly surprised the the lovely aroma from my Pumpkin Spice candle that cost me all of $3.50 at Wal-Mart.  And it's a big candle! Kase loves for me to light it and loves even more to "help" me blow it out.

What are you up to right now?

No comments: