8.20.2013

Seven Things.

1. I had to use detangler on Kase's hair the other night.  Does that mean it's getting too long? Don't tell Kent.

2. Kylee thinks that a woman principal is called a princessipal.

3. I planted some pumpkins in the garden bed that Kent built for me with absolutely no idea how well they would grow.  Patterson Pumpkin Patch is on it's way to being out of control.



4. On the same day as the first day of school, Kase had shots, Kael had his first football practice and Kent had his Fantasy Football Draft.  Go big or go home, right?

5. Out on the deck yesterday watching my kids at recess, I got waves from both of them. So happy they aren't "too cool" yet. Also got waves from half of Kael's classmates from last year, every single one of the neighbor kids, and even a few teachers. Would anyone like to hear once again how much I love where we live? #brokenrecord

6. Kase sleeps all.the.time.  He's really making up for his lack of sleeping when he was younger.  Lately he's been sleeping all night then taking either a marathon (four-ish hours) nap or two (two hour) naps a day.  And he seems to have no problem sleeping anywhere.  The pack and play on vacation, the crib at Grandma's house- I'm not saying that I deserve it, but I will say that I do feel it's well-earned.  Kent and I clocked some seriously sleepless hours when Kase was younger. Unfortunately, Daylight Savings Time is just around the corner which is certain to rock our world just a little bit as far as schedules go. 

7. Kael used the word implore last week.  Not at school or doing homework or anything, just talking to me.  And he used it correctly in context.  I'm pretty sure I learned what that word meant in 8th grade and my 3rd grader already knows it! 

What's going on in your world today?


No comments: