6.24.2013

The kids: a short, but unsolicited update.

Kael

It left as quickly as it had come.  My Kael is back. He woke up Monday morning (after a particularly rough Sunday) and it was as if the fog had lifted.  He turned back into his happy, agreeable self.  I wish I knew what flipped the switch.   His baseball season is over and he is loving his triathlon training.  The actual race is July 27 and he can't wait! His social life is also keeping him pretty busy (which wasn't the case in our old neighborhood) as kids are frequently knocking on our door asking if Kael is home to play.  How awesome.

Kylee

Kylee is, simply stated, me.  She's a little me.  She says things like, as we're loading up in the car, "I suppose it would be wise for me to try to use restroom before we leave."  She drinks iced coffee and she likes it.  The hard stuff.  We're not talking about sugared-up Sbux drinks here.  We're talking about black coffee from our own house, cooled, poured over some ice with a teensy splash of milk. Exactly.like.me. Kylee is done with tumbling for the year (and perhaps forever, if you ask her).  She is SUCH a monkey at the playground- performing flips and pullovers of all sorts on the equipment but doesn't seem interested in being signed up for gymnastics.  Or soccer.  Or softball.  Or anything for that matter.  And I'm ok with that.  For now.  :)

Kase

Kase has been waking up several times a night again, which I haven't figured out yet if it's an ear infection, teeth, or neither. He occupies his wakeful hours toddling around our new landscaping, picking up rocks, digging in the mud...you know, boy stuff.  His tan still draws stares.  A neighbor shook his head last night, saying, "Honestly he is the tannest baby I have ever seen."  The curls are probably going to have to get cut soon, because when he gets his hair wet at the pool it hangs down (nearly) to his shoulders.

That's all.  Short, like promised.

What's going on with your kids?

No comments: