6.13.2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful we've hit our summer stride. As in, we're sort of settling into a routine and sort of getting used to different schedules and sort of figuring out how to agree on the best use of our free time.

I'm thankful my mom and the Vogel kids came over to visit the other day! The kids love playing with their cousins and we had Kael's beloved Stuffed Crust pizza from Pizza Hut for lunch.

I'm thankful that Kylee is ok after a scare on Tuesday night.  She often collects "chalk rocks" from the park and she had put (a fairly sizable) one in her pocket.  Well, a few minutes later she was doing a pullover on the bar on the playground and as she flipped around, the rock did too and it caught her square in the middle of the forehead.  I thought for sure we were in for an ER visit the way it was bleeding at first, but it all turned out fine.  I was so proud of how she handled herself during the whole thing.  What a trooper.

I'm thankful for my little California import.  Kase's blonde curls and enviable tan often raise eyebrows when I'm at the pool with him.  Yes, he is mine.






I'm thankful Kylee loves Safety Town (a local day camp to teach soon-to-be-kindergartners about all things safety related) but not so thankful for some of the stories they told her.  She came home the other day and relayed a very detailed story about a kidnapping that honestly had me scared to death.  I suppose it's good to scare the kids a little but...I don't know.  I'm too protective I guess.

I'm thankful for the age difference between Kael and Kase.  Last night Kael was playing peek-a-boo at the park with Kase, both of them happy as could be.  I sighed, wishing time would just freeze.

I'm thankful for hot days that result in tired kids.

I'm thankful (every.single.summer) for the library reading program and the Dairy Queen coupons the kids receive from it that help me justify a trip for ice cream.

I'm thankful that we haven't had to make a trip to our pediatrician this week.  Yet.  She joked last time I saw her that we should be getting some sort of "Frequent Flyer" type bonus. Har-di-har.  But seriously.  Between rashes, immunizations, and ear infections, we have been keeping that place in business this spring.

I'm thankful for the first ice cream truck visit to our neighborhood.  The kids were so so happy. Ten points to anyone who guessed that Kylee picked the rainbow colored sno-cone that had a gumball (!!!) inside. :)

I'm thankful that Kent and I agree that we are not at all ready for Kase to grow up.  Or any of the children, really.  But what is it about your last kid that makes your heart just ache a little bit when they reach a milestone?

I'm thankful that it's RECITAL WEEK!!! Dress rehearsal is tonight! I'm equally excited for Kylee's tumbling performance and the Daddy/Daughter dance. :)

I'm thankful Kael's social calendar has been filling up recently.  He went to a friend's to watch a movie the other night, rode his bike over to play at another neighbor's for awhile today and got invited to watch some basketball with another friend.  Couldn't be happier for him.

I'm thankful Cindy came over last night.  Seriously she FILLED our fridge and pantry with food and provided dinner for us, which couldn't have come at a better time.  (It's a busy week for us.) She also helped me wrangle Kase at Kael's baseball game.  She's just good stuff.  :) Now if only I can get the ball rolling on getting them moved to Ankeny...;)

I'm thankful that when I tried to buy a bottle of wine at the store the other day, I got ID'd.  The check-out gal told me she was sorry but she couldn't sell me the wine.  Um...what?? Turns out my license expired! Nearly two months ago! Eeeek! I can't believe I had no idea and can't believe no one caught it since then!

I'm thankful that we (as in, me and the three children) survived a trip to the DOT to renew my license.  Kent told me I was crazy for even attempting going there with the kids but they did great! Now I don't have to deal with that place for another five years.  Whew.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

GMA CINDY said...

You need to light a fire under your father-in-law then Ankeny her we come!!!! ;)