4.01.2013

Easter

I know the anticipation of finding out who won our Annual Egg Cracking Contest this year is killing you.  So let's just cut to the chase.


It was Kylee!!!  I'm not sure I have seen such joy on her face in a long, long time.  I was so happy for her! She had dyed an egg at preschool and made sure that was the egg she used for the contest.  It turned out to be the lucky egg!  Please also take a moment to notice the sparkly earrings, which I will refer to in a future post.

I got Kase some new clothes so we did a practice run a few days before Easter.  Baby ties and hats are a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!









Saturday the kids hunted for eggs at Keith and Cindy's.  I wish I would have taken more photos- we had such a great day hanging out in Collins! Cindy totally outdid herself with treats and gifts for the kids!



How does the Easter bunny do things at your house? Jelly bean trail? Names on eggs/baskets? It happens differently every year at our house.  This year, the kids each had one egg outside their bedroom door, then downstairs the kids followed a trail of their color of eggs that led to their goodies!


Ready to hunt.  Please ignore my reflection in the mirror. 




Kael looks so sleepy here.  Back in my day we went to sunrise church service! I have NO idea how my parents used to get us all up and ready before the sun rose!


After church and a nap for Kase, we went to my parents' house for Easter dinner.  It was amazing.  Food tastes so much better when someone else cooks for you, especially when that someone is your mom! :)


Below, the kids are killing time while eggs are being hidden.



Even my grandma got into hiding the treats this year! What a blessing that she is feeling well enough to do this!

Kael found his basket in the tree!


Kylee ate her entire chocolate bunny in a matter of minutes.  Ears first though, naturally. :)

We had a great weekend! How was your Easter?

No comments: