3.23.2013

Spring Break Part II

I'm so sad Spring Break is drawing to a  close, but we managed to squeeze in a little more fun before it's over! (My apologies for the disorganized post...I was trying to blog from my phone and everything uploaded kind of funny.)

Anyhow, we...

had a little Scratch while watching the Iowa basketball game hanging out with nearly the whole neighborhood on Friday night.  In my opinion, Kent totally missed out by being at wrestling.  Our neighborhood get togethers are the bomb!








(Above) braved the cold weather for an Easter egg hunt.  It is always cold for the Ankeny Jaycees hunt but we headed out anyways.  Huge shoutout to my in-laws for hanging with Kase while I took the big kids.  The kids got tons of eggs and candy and Kael even won a prize! Unfortunately by the time we made our way to the prize table, the only prize left was a Hello Kitty puzzle set.  Kael was amazing though- he didn't mind at all and was so excited to run and show Kylee the prize he won for her!

(Below) dyed some Easter eggs.  The kids are the perfect age for this.  There were no spills or stained fingers and that's saying something.  Anyone who's dyed eggs with young children will certainly agree, no?





bought some daffodils wishfully thinking of spring.  Shortly after I bought them, one of my friend's grandma's passed away so I took them over to her.  She appreciated the cheerful bouquet.

made some fruit pizza.  I am going to will the warm weather to come by baking summery foods!



hit up Perfect Games.  Bowling was fun but Laser Tag was AWESOME! I had never played before but Kael and I played against a dad/son duo and we had the best time.  I can see why 8 year old boys dig this stuff! Again, thanks to Cindy for going with us! It always helps to have an extra set of hands in a place like that. Plus, she's just good company and we had a really fun time hanging out the last few days.


took the kids to Climb Iowa.  Kent had the afternoon off on Wednesday so we took the kids climbing.  Even Kase loved it there- he was walking around clapping his hands like crazy.  Kael can get to the top pretty easily by now, and Kylee gets about 2/3 of the way up, which is awfully high!


played a little dress up after some major closet cleaning.



(oops, see what I mean about things being out of order?)

We also had a fun slumber party at my mom and dad's house since Kent was going to be gone at the wrestling tournament.  Waking up to the smell of pancakes and bacon cooked by someone other than myself was a real treat! Not to mention the fact that my mom stayed up with Kase when he woke at 5:00 so that I could go back to sleep until 7:00.  Now that's vacation!

Last on my Spring Break list is to (hopefully) spend the entire day shopping tomorrow for all the April (Kael, Kase, Cindy, Brooklyn) birthdays and stuff for the kids Easter baskets and Easter outfits for the kids and myself.  I'll be pleased if I accomplish even half of that.

It's been a good one. :) But it will feel good to get back to school routine, then just ten more weeks- come on, SUMMER!!!!

No comments: