12.10.2012

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend did not go as I had planned.  I had full intentions of finishing up all my shopping.  Like, gone all day-type shopping. Friday morning I woke up with a killer headache and I thought it was just a result of staying up too late with some friends Thursday night. (Insert comment #6,736 regarding how much I love my neighbors.)  However, as the day went on, I felt worse and naturally, Kase hopped on the sick bandwagon.  We were a mess by the evening and just when I go and think, "At least Kase's sleeping habits can't possibly get any worse," they do.  He was up the.whole.night crying.  The kind of night where I just wished it would hurry up and be 4:00 (the earliest respectable time to actually be up for the day, in my book).

So, scrap the crowd-fighting shopping spree. We did some other stuff and it turned out to be way fun.

Made and delivered neighbor gifts.




Got e-mails from Santa. Have you all tried Portable North Pole? I'm pretty sure I talked about it last year, but it''s really neat.  The kids were on the edge of their seats waiting for Santa to say if they made the "good" list. :)

Played in the snow and made mini-snowmen.


Anyone for a little *snow*ball? Bahaha I crack me up. 

Every year I try to make Kent wear a Santa hat while we decorate the tree and every year he refuses.  Imagine my elation when I walked outside and saw him sitting on the front porch in his Iowa Santa hat, watching the kids play in the snow. 
I also took the big kids up to the Fire Station and the Annual Tree Lighting- something I have wanted to go to for years.  It was so fun!

Well, it's off to bed for this gal.  Hope you had a good weekend too!

No comments: