11.26.2012

Thankful Thursday: Thanksgiving Edition

If you've been wondering that perhaps I'm off somewhere in a turkey coma, fear not, friends.  Nor, have I forgotten about you and this blog.

Although it would be hard to top last year's Thanksgiving Edition of Thankful Thursday, we had a pretty great one this year that included lots of family time, a bit of Christmas cookie baking, some family pictures, a little Christmas shopping and decorating, and way, way too much food.

So, without further ado...

I'm thankful for good food.  I mean, really, reallllly good.  I love Thanksgiving food, but only on Thanksgiving day.

I'm really thankful for time to just hang out with family.  Seems like we're always rushing around doing stuff, but I feel like this year we really got the chance to relax and it was amazing.

I'm thankful that I put down the camera (besides the big group shot) and spent more time just hanging out. Unfortunately for you that means more reading, less picture viewing. :)

I'm thankful that the Christmas tree and most of the Christmas decorations are up.

I'm thankful that Kent's feeling a little better- poor guy got sick Thanksgiving night.  We even had to miss the Iowa game on Friday that we had tickets for! Not that it was a great game anyways...

I'm thankful that Christmas cards are ordered and a big chunk of Christmas shopping is done.

I'm thankful that we're back to the daily grind.  I was kind of happy to wake up and have it be Monday morning.  I adore long weekends and a break from routine, but something about today had me motivated to be super productive around the house.  I saw the bottom of the laundry basket before 8:00 AM, made Christmas lists (and lists of my lists), edited some pictures, did some shopping, planned meals, scheduled appointments, hopped on the Cyber Monday bandwagon, gave my Kylee a manicure and....I could go on.  But I'm tired. :)

Here's to a great week!

No comments: