10.19.2012

The Best Kind of Crazy

It's no secret that I'm a little crazy.  Like, Would Have Made A Good Foreign Language Teacher crazy. Like Wear Flip Flops In The Winter 'Cause I Like Them Better crazy.

Crazy has a new meaning in our house lately.  Have you ever thought you were busy? Then you were responsible for getting three other little beings to and from where they needed to be? And you totally redefined busy? That's what's going on around here.  Between school, football (times two), soccer, tumbling, PTO meetings, volunteering and more- for the first time in my life I worry that I might actually forget to pick someone up.

Add to that, our new home/location just screams "Entertain!!!" so we've happily obliged and have easily filled our weekends with visits from friends, family and new neighbors.  Our front door might as well be a revolving one.

As we continue to fill our time with social things, my house continues to go undecorated.  We have been in this house for more than three months now and there is not one.single.thing on my walls.  The mudroom I was so excited about just begs for organizers and colorful baskets.

Amongst all this, I'm trying to figure out where I land in all the craziness. How I can be everything to everyone.  And I was frustrated, realizing sometimes I can't do it all. So the other day I was feeling like I needed a pick-me-up and I bought some purple skinny jeans.  I know! As it turns out, when I got home to try them on they were a little skinnier than I thought they might be, and a lot trendier than I cared to be.  Laura doesn't do trendy well.

But there is something I do well, even if I'm a little crazy.  No matter how busy things get, I'm the friend who always has a pot of coffee ready for you to drink and a pan of homemade bars or cookies sitting on the counter for you. and a listening ear.  I'm the one who you call when your babysitter bailed at the last second.  The first one you go to when you need a cup of sugar.  I'm that one. And I love being that one.  My house may not be perfectly decorated and I may not wear the trendiest clothes but we're the ones whose door is always open.  Is your life a little crazy too? Stop on by for a cup of coffee.  I'm here for ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO grateful that you are just the person you are. hugs!-ali