10.18.2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful that my parents left for Italy yesterday.  If anyone deserves a vacation, it's them! They are always around to help everyone else out, so I'm really glad they are getting some time away! If you guys are reading this- Hi!! We miss you!!! Have so much fun!!!

I'm so thankful for Kylee.  The other day I needed major groceries and Kylee pushed Kase all around Target in his stroller so I could fill the shopping cart to.the.brim. Everyone we passed in every aisle commented on how lucky I was to have such a helper.

I'm thankful for 107.1.  Such uplifting music.

I'm thankful Cindy spent the night last week and got up in the middle of the night to give Kase his bottles.  It gave me the chance to sleep all night which was so wonderful.

I'm thankful Kent's grandma is on the mend after knee replacement surgery.

I'm thankful for little bits of time to myself during the day and a different perspective on things.  When we moved into this house I had visions of doing major organization/decoration ideas I had seen on Pinterest but we've been so busy I haven't had time to dive into any large project.  What I thought I needed was big chunks of uninterrupted time to get stuff done, but what I really needed was a little perspective. I have to remind myself of that old saying about Rome not being built in a day.  So instead of feeling guilty about how much I haven't gotten done, rather I celebrate having time to get anything done. So Kylee's closet might not be perfectly organized but at least the shorts and tank tops are moved to the back of the closet and sweaters and jeans moved to more reachable  spots.  So the basement is still crazy-full of boxes but at least I did find the tub full of baby toys which made Kase's day.  :)

I'm thankful for a really fun weekend with family.  Kent's cousin's wedding was a lot of fun and since Kent was in the wedding, his family totally stepped it up helping me out with all three kids.  Watching the kids tear up the dance floor was the highlight of my weekend for sure. Don't they look so grown up?!



What are you thankful for today?

No comments: