10.22.2012

This weekend...

...Kael gave new meaning to the phrase "lost" a tooth. He and I walked to an open house in our neighborhood (I am dreaming about finishing our basement) and we were walking around when he yelled out, "Mom!" I knew instantly what had happened and he and I got down on all fours searching for a little tooth in some beautiful light-colored plush carpet.  Thankfully, we found it.  The realtor at the house assured us that he was the first one who had ever lost a tooth during an open house she'd hosted.  Kael felt a little famous, I think.


...Kylee got started on her Christmas list. (Dora socks, Barbie lip gloss, dress up shoes, Minnie sled, nail polish, Dream Lite slippers and she drew about one hundred stars around the double stroller in the American Girl catalog.  Partly because she really wants it, but mostly because she just learned the "right" way to draw a star this weekend.)



...I watched my husband and brother-in-law act like, well, brothers.




...I tried a new French braid/messy bun combo with mediocre results.  The second attempt this morning was much better, but not so good that I'm willing to post a picture.

...I had a really proud mom moment when Kylee said, "He gone" in her best Duck Dynasty redneck voice when Kael walked away from her mid-conversation.  It was spot on, you guys.

...I crossed the "those aren't pants" line and left the house in leggings and a long tank top.  Who can help clarify this rule for me? Do leggings qualify as pants? Does the shirt have to completely cover your rear end in order for it to be ok? Tammy, can you help???

...I finally caved.  You can follow me on Twitter (and Instagram if you're not already) @4kpandme.  #areyouhappynow

...I had so much fun at Japanese Night with friends. The Minute to Win It style games were so fun and Kylee was THRILLED with the Hello Kitty chapstick prize I brought home for her.  And the food! Amazing!!!







...accidentally ran out of Kase's reflux meds and totally reaffirmed that we do, in fact, need to keep him on this medicine.

...Kent perfected smoking chicken and ribs. Delish.  Well, I didn't eat the ribs.  But the chicken was awesome.

...we had the best Fareway experience ever. There were no regular carts left so we got one of these kind.  Both kids thought it would be awesome to squeeze in together.  I don't think those things are made for 7 and 5 year olds.  Hilarious! We were all laughing the whole time we were in the store.



...the kids learned how to dance Gangnam Style.  And I took some secret video of Kent teaching it to them.  You guys it is killing me not to post it on here but I promised Kent I wouldn't.  Even though he has nothing to be embarrassed about- he can totally bust a move.

...solidified my love for this neighborhood.  Sunday we spent the whole entire afternoon outside with neighbs.  We literally closed the park down- staying there from about 3:30 until dark.


How was your weekend?


No comments: