8.30.2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful that Kent totally came through for me (and really, for you, dear readers) with an air card so I can have internet access to get a Thankful Thursday post published on, well, Thursday.  We haven't had internet all day yesterday or today but my knight in shining armor brought this air card home from work and voila! Thankful Thursday!

I'm thankful for my smiley guys. 



This has Terry written all over it. :)




I'm thankful we got to spend one last evening with Uncle Kyle before he shipped off to South Carolina for basic training.  We're so proud of you, Kyle! We'll miss you!



I'm thankful that Kylee got to start tumbling this week. She was all smiles the whole time.



One day this week Kylee was at school, Kael was at school and I was not babysitting anyone so it was just Kase and I home alone.  I fed him, then decided that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I was thankful for a little rest.


I'm thankful that even though it was raining, Kent's company outing at the I-Cubs wasn't cancelled.  His parents had come to stay with Kase and Kael was tired from a grueling day of football practice and a birthday party, so he opted to stay home too.  Kent and I enjoyed a rare, but very special evening out with just our Kylee Kay.




I'm thankful for all the insta-friends in this new neighborhood.  There is a certain easiness about friendships around here since so many of us are in the same phase of life, which, in turn makes it easy for my kids to have built-in buddies too.

I'm thankful for good doctors as my pregnant sister's blood pressure continues to be high.  Please do keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

I'm thankful for the book I'm reading, Organized Simplicity. I have the best of intentions, thinking I'll follow lots of the suggestions in the book but in reality I'm going to have to settle for being inspired and just feeling organized by reading such a book.

I'm so thankful that people trust me with their kids.  You have no idea how many people I got calls/texts from in the last couple weeks, "I have to fill in the blank, can you watch the kids for a couple hours?" or "My regular sitter bailed, can I drop my kids off with you for a little bit?" or "I'm running late, can my kid come home with you from school for a few minutes until I get there?" I absolutely love being that girl.  The one who you call when you're in a bind.  Seriously, call me.  I'm available.  One friend paid me the highest compliment, "If you can't watch my daughter I'll probably just take her with me because I really just don't trust anyone else." Awwww. :)

I'd be crazy not to mention that I'm thankful for the start of Hawkeye football season this weekend! It is Kent's absolute FAVORITE time of year and I love seeing him so happy. Plus football season just begs for family and friend get togethers and I'm anxious to try out a few new tailgating recipes.

Here's to the (almost) weekend!!!

No comments: