7.26.2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful we FINALLY have a mailbox.  We've been waiting for the postmaster to put up one of those community mailboxes but since only ourselves and one other neighbor have moved in, and the rest of the houses are still being completed, there evidently was no hurry to get a mailbox put up.  If you have not had the opportunity to go to the post office daily to retrieve your mail, count your lucky stars.  It's painful.  I hate to say it, but there are some seriously disgruntled postal workers.

I'm really thankful for my new mailman (see above reference).



I'm thankful for Pinterest, as I begin trying to plan a birthday party for Kylee.  So many helpful and fun ideas! Also found some cute printable "new neighbor" tags- the kids had a blast delivering cookies all around the new 'hood.

Speaking of Pinterest, I'm thankful for the pallet I came across the other day.  B.P. (Before Pinterest), I would have had zero idea what to do with something like a pallet.  Now I have several ideas but just need to score a few more pallets, which shouldn't be tricky, given all the construction going on around our place.

I'm really thankful I've finally completed all the fall paperwork.  Signed Kylee up for tumbling, finished her preschool registration forms, signed Kael up for soccer and football (totally broke my 'only one sport/activity at a time' rule and I am having mixed feelings about it...), paid his school fees, bought his school supplies....sheesh! Moms with full time jobs, how do you do it all???

Holy smokes I'm thankful that my number was not called for jury duty.  There was a chance I was going to have to serve this week but when I called last Friday night, my number was not on the list.  Yippeeeee!

I'm thankful that my mad friendship-bracelet-making skills came back to me.  My almost five year old was seriously impressed I was able to make three variations of bracelets.  "I can't believe you know how to do that!" she declared as we made a few bracelets for the goody bags for her birthday party.  "Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal," I told her, jokingly. I hope she's still impressed with me ten years from now. :)

I'm thankful Kent's brother passed his tests for National Guard. Way to go, Kyle! Now, off to basic.  We'll miss you!!!


No comments: