3.10.2012

Ultrasound pictures!

Yesterday afternoon all four of us went up to Ames to have an ultrasound done.  A VERY special thanks to my mother-in-law for setting this up for us and another BIG thanks to our very experienced and knowledgable ultrasound tech, Jan!

It was really special that Kael and Kylee were able to be there to see the ultrasound- even though it wasn't easy for them to see all the baby parts, they definitely got to see his face, his hands, and a cute little foot.

We learned a few things from this ultrasound.

1. It is, beyond a shadow of doubt, still a boy.

2. He has big hands.

3. He weighs in at about four and a half pounds. (!!!)

4. He has a cute little chin, full lips, a cute nose, and a bit of hair already!

5. I could not tell from the ultrasound if he looks more like Kael or Kylee.

6. I was hoping that when I saw his face I would have a stronger feeling of what to name him.  That did not happen.

7. Kael thinks he looks like a monster.

8. Evidently at this far along you can actually tell if/when the baby's eyes are open- something I was completely unaware of in all my previous ultrasounds.  We got to see the baby's eyes moving and it was one of those moments I'll remember for the rest of my life.  So, so awesome. What a miracle this little guy is. Thanks, Jan, for capturing this sweet memory on video!

Here are a few pictures....

This picture just takes my breath away.

Covering his eyes, but we can see his cute nose, mouth, chin and hands!
This is the picture that caused Kael to think he looks like a monster.
Cute little footprint.

He's flexing in this one. Kent was so proud. ;)


As far as I can tell he seems to be healthy, happy, and awfully handsome, if I do say so myself. :)

No comments: