3.23.2012

Spring Break Wrap- Up

Kent told me my last post was a "two part read" which means it was too lengthy for him to read in just one sitting.  So, I figured I'd better get around to posting a little more often than once a week!

The Historical Museum was a fantastic (and free!) way to spend an afternoon last week.

That's a big tree trunk!

Brooklyn looks a little unsure of her goofy cousins.  Clearly they're just making buffalo horns! :)


SkyZone was as much fun, if not more, than anticipated. I'm totally going to do it after this baby comes.  Kael and Kylee had worked up a pretty serious sweat within minutes of being there. 

The special jumping shoes were pretty cool.

So many trampolines!

Friday night I had some unexpected alone time. I was planning on (and looking forward to) spending the weekend up with Kent's fam but our realtor called and our house needed to be shown at 5:00 on Friday and again at 10:30 on Saturday morning. Of course I was thrilled to have some traffic, but need I remind you that we were off doing fun things all of last week and somehow the house didn't really get cleaned and the laundry didn't really get done. So, I stayed back to finish tidying the place up then enjoyed a little time to myself while Kent and the kids headed to Collins. I had a nice lazy Saturday morning and had time to go hang out with Mandy and Brooklyn for awhile which was really nice. Plus I know the kids probably had more fun at the sleepover if I wasn't there anyways! I went up to Collins Saturday afternoon and the floor that Kent helped his dad put in their bathroom looked great!

The last day of Spring Break was spent with neighbors and water guns.  Can you believe it was March 25, in Iowa?? We wrapped up the afternoon by grilling brats and having root beer floats on the deck.  It was all sorts of wonderful.





This morning I went with Kael's class to the Civic Center (or, Pacific Center, if you ask Kael) for their field trip.  I am always so thankful that I get to be included on so many of his classroom activities. 

Now, back to the daily grind- I'm sure Monday hit all of you as hard as it did me! We had a bit of a time getting everyone dressed and out the door on time this morning but we did make it.  Rumor is that it's going to rain this afternoon so I'm looking forward to relaxing with the kids and maybe watching a movie.  They're so happy to have their friends (my babysitting kids) back...I think Kael and Kylee got a little bored with just me over Spring Break. :)

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments: