2.06.2012

Weekend Wrap- Up

Did you all have a great Super Bowl weekend? Kent and I hosted a little get together here with a couple friends we hadn't seen in far too long.  Since he and I had lost in the pick 'em league we were doing with the other couple, we hosted.  Kylee had fun helping me make lots of the food and Kent told me I should have taken a picture of the spread, but I was too busy chatting with my amiga. :) Here's a list with links of some of the things we made.  Bacon? Check. Chicken wings? Check. (Acutally, chicken poppers...they were delicious!) Cupcakes made with beer? Check. Sounds like the perfect football-watching food to me.

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies

Blue Moon Cupcakes

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls

Sliders : Actually, we never got around to making these...I had full intentions of making them at halftime but no one seemed hungry enough.

Buffalo Chicken Poppers with Avocado Bleu Cheese Dip

We also played this Super Bowl Commercial Game where everyone, including the kids, put their initials in 3 of the squares to cast their votes for what commercials we'd see.  For me, this was just as fun as the acutal game itself. :)



Besides it being the big Super Bowl weekend, we spent all Saturday (really, I do mean all day,  from like 8 AM to 8 PM- lucky we all get along so well!) at my parents' house celebrating my dad's birthday and watching the snow fall.  T and Rob were back in town, Mandy, Justin and B were all there and we just had a blast hanging out all day.  My grandparents even braved the snowstorm and made it down for the amazing lunch my mom and dad made. 





Kylee and I made this Lemonade Cake for my dad.  I thought I didn't like lemon stuff that well, but it turned out pretty well!

Kael is so happy when he's playing in the snow. I just love to see him smile like that.

That's a big snowball!
  
Kent and Kael had fun making a little snowman family.  These two are Kent and me, then across the way there are two more snowmen- one for Kael and one for Kylee.

It's hard to tell from the picture but there was an extra bump on the front of my snowman.  :) My snowman had a cute little pregnant belly.

The girls.

Cutest niece ever.


We took advantage of the perfect snowball-making snow and had a good old-fashioned snowball fight- north side of the street vs. south side.  Mostly that meant kids vs. adults. Kent and Rob had a little too much fun zinging snowballs at the kids.




This stud left town this morning and won't be back 'til Friday.


Hope your weekend was wonderful!

No comments: