12.18.2011

Weekend One-Liner

Every Sunday morning Kent makes pancakes and sausage for breakfast for all of us.  It's funny how sometimes you try to make traditions but more often than not, the ones that happen on their own tend to be more meaningful.  We love our Sunday mornings around here. 

Post-breakfast, but pre-church we had a little extra downtime so we decided to play a family game of Go Shopping (the Barbie version of Go Fish).  We were all laying on the living room floor playing until it was time to leave.  Kylee stood up to help put the cards away and as she walked around me she said, "Well, it's starting to get kinda big, isn't it Mom?"

"What's getting big, Kylee?"

She walked the rest of the way around me and patted my rear end.  "Your bottom, Mom.  It's really getting bigger, right?"

"Yes, Kylee.  I suppose it is."

I hope I appreciate her honesty in future years as much as I do now.  She certainly didn't mean to hurt my feelings when she said it- the way she said it was somehow just so darn sweet and innocent. I wish I had captured the look on Kent's face when Kylee said that- he was still laughing when we pulled into church fifteen minutes later. Little does she realize we're just over halfway through this pregnancy...she's probably going to have plenty to say about how big I am 19 weeks from now. :)



Hope that little story started your week off with a good laugh.

No comments: