12.16.2011

Sometimes...

Sometimes things just don't turn out how you'd like them to.

Early yesterday morning Kent got called away on business.  That's fine, except today is my ultrasound day.  He really wanted to be there but trying to reschedule proved to be nearly impossible as the Ankeny office of my OB is all but closed for the weeks surrounding Chrismtas. Today is also the day we can find out the sex of the baby.  Either way, we were planning on having the ultrasound lady put it in an envelope for us to be opened at a later date, but still it would have been nice for Kent to be able to be there.  Seeing your baby move on that ultrasound screen is so amazing whether it's your first baby or your tenth.  *Sigh.

The house we loved (and prompted us to put our house on the market) sold.  To someone else.  Not us.  There are only a bajillion other houses for sale in Ankeny but somehow none of them seem quite as right as that first one.  *Big sigh.

I had told my dad when we first saw that house that one way or another, I'd be living there because I always get what I want. He said it's not that simple and I can't just bat my eyelashes to get something like, say, a house.  I realize I misspoke and at the risk of sounding totally cheesy I guess I don't always get what I want but I almost always want what I get. 

And while it is true that sometimes things don't turn out how you'd like, sometimes, just sometimes...things turn out even better than you had hoped for.

1 comment:

GRANDMA CINDY said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1