10.20.2011

My Kylee

This morning Kylee woke up early.  She and I have both still been feeling yucky. Since we were up early anyways, I figured I might as well put the time to good use and get some stuff done while Kylee watched some TV. 

Later she and I were in a bit of a disagreement about getting ready for the day.  She wanted to stay in her jammies but I needed to wash them.  I could see she wasn't really excited about getting dressed so I picked out some of her comfiest clothes and told her she didn't have to put them on right away, but to make sure she had them on before we took Kael to school.

Quite awhile later she still wasn't dressed and was near tears about the whole ordeal.  "Kylee, that's enough, it's just time to get dressed now so Kael's not late for school."

She gave me a quick once over, noticing I was still in sweats and shot back, "Well how come you don't have to do anything?" That girl doesn't miss anything.

Normally I don't bite.  This morning, I did.  "Young lady, so far this morning I have washed, dried, and put your sheets back on your bed.  I have made breakfast for you and coffee for dad.  I have balanced the checkbook and emptied every single trash in the house.  I have made my bed and Kael's bed.  I have set out Kael's soccer stuff for practice tonight and filled his water bottle so it's ready and waiting in the fridge.  I have packed Kael a cold lunch to take to school.  I have swept the floor, gotten clothes out for you, and read you two books. So please, don't tell me that I don't do anything."

She looked seriously unimpressed.  I'd love to say she hopped off to her room and got dressed immediately.  She didn't and neither did I. 

Sometimes, we just have days like this.  We're both tired, emotional, and sick of being sick.  So, since our little chat this morning, I'm still in sweats, I have done no more laundry or cleaning, and my girl and I have spent the rest of our morning lounging around.  Eventually we mustered up enough energy to make some super colorful thumbprint cookies (her choice of colors).  I think we both feel much better already.


No comments: