9.08.2011

Birthday!

Today was Kent's birthday. He got home from South Carolina early this afternoon and we had signs and balloons hanging up in the house waiting for him when he got here. We had also decorated the driveway with chalk. (I wish I had pictures to share but I am still in the process of reading some reviews before I decide what new camera to buy....suggestions anyone??)

He spent the day hanging out with me and the kids. He even surprised Kael and picked him up from school! Later his parents came down and we went out for dinner and back here for some DQ Oreo Blizzard Ice Cream Cake.


Following tradition, we tried to celebrate it as much in "Hawkeye Style" as we could. Hawkeye colors on the cake, Hawkeye colored balloons all over the house, black and yellow wrapping paper, and a Hawkeye wall hanging as a gift.

Happy 29th birthday, Kent! This is the 8th birthday I've celebrated with you and every year gets sweeter. We've come a long way, baby and I wouldn't trade what we have for anything else in the world.

No comments: