9.15.2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for family get togethers. Bonfires are the best!




Kylee is so thankful for s'mores.




Kael was thankful for, what he calls, a Wilderness Walk.






I'm thankful for fun after-school snacks. I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to be but saw it in a magazine, so we made it. A monster maybe?







I'm thankful for apple smiles.





I'm really thankful for the World's Best Apple Dip recipe that we dipped the apples in.


8 oz. cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 tsp. vanilla

*Beat all ingredients together and chill.



I'm thankful for treehouse sleepovers. I was a little too scared to sleep out among the bugs, etc. So I told the kids they could sleep out there with Dad. Joke's on me though- once everyone else was tucked in outside, I went to my own bedroom and found a giant spider on the wall. Yuck. I begged and begged for Kent to come in and kill it, but all I got was an, "Are you kidding me?" Lucky for me, the kids didn't last all night out on the treehouse so my knight in shining armor came into save me from the spider.







This picture will mean nothing to anyone else but it's a picture of the new high school they are building pretty close to our house. I'm thankful my kids live in a city full of growth and opportunities.







I'm thankful for this little girl who brightens every day with her smile.




I'm thankful it's chilly enough for soup! Tonight we're having my favorite Chicken Tortilla Soup. Sorry I don't have pictures but trust me, it's wonderful and super easy!


1 tsp. minced garlic

2 cups chicken broth

1 can Mexican diced tomatoes

1/2 tsp. chili powder

1/4 tsp. cumin

1 cup Mexican Velveeta

Cooked, diced chicken

2 T cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water


*In a large saucepan combine the first 5 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.

In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water then gradually stir the mixture into the soup.

Add cheese and chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook and stir for 2 minutes until soup has thickened.

No comments: