6.09.2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for kids who are so incredibly well behaved at the doctor's office. We spent the better part of yesterday morning at a post-op ear check and hearing test for Kael and both of the kids were soooo good.

I'm thankful Kael's hearing is great and his new tubes are functioning properly. They're sky blue, in case you were wondering. Wish I could remember what color tubes he had put in the first time around. I think green.


I'm thankful (but exhausted) that my kids love to swim and are very capable swimmers. We were at the pool for over 4 hours yesterday afternoon and loved every second of it. I should have packed more snacks. For myself. I can't go that long with only a handful of chocolate animal crackers!

I'm thankful for chocolate animal crackers. (See above.)

I'm thankful that Kent and I were asked to be Brooklyn's baptism sponsors. What an honor to be involved with helping her grow in faith. God has a wonderful plan for this special little girl.

I'm thankful that it's still the beginning of June and we have crossed this many things off our Summer 2011 Bucket List: Adventureland (by the way, Kael rode The Dragon 5 times! He LOVED it!), took a trip to Tropical Sno, had a park playdate in Polk City with Mandy and Brooklyn, went to the beach, planned a trip to KC, went fishing, learned some new card games, started the library summer reading program, and had s'mores with the neighbors. By the end of this week we should have another little vacation booked and we are also heading to the zoo on Friday so that can be checked off our list soon. If weather permits, there's rumors of backyard camping this weekend too. :) We have fit in a lot of fun in a few short days!

I'm thankful there are still 67 days left of summer. We might just get through every item on our Bucket List!


I'm thankful for a husband who says, "I think you'd feel better if you went for a run," when what he really means is, "Laura chips don't count as lunch, especially if you followed them with a piece of chocolate cake." Busted.


I'm thankful for children who ask questions like, "Mom, how does it feel to be a mommy?". I told her there are hardly words special enough to describe how wonderful it feels to be a mommy. She smiled and replied wistfully, "Yeah, that's what I thought it would feel like."

No comments: