6.02.2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm really thankful for the new Lemon Tree Frozen Yogurt in town. We stopped there last night and enjoyed some frozen yogurt sitting outside on the picnic tables- it was such a beautiful night. Kael had Cupcake flavored frozen yogurt (it was the closest thing to orange, color-wise) with one mandarin orange and a scoopful of mini M & M's while Klyee opted for the Watermelon with two blackberries and mountains of sprinkles. As I sat there, I couldn't help thinking, "This is what summer's all about."


Evidently, it's also about trying to balance (orange!) spoons on your nose.



I'm thankful for these hilarious pictures. We call this photo session "Is Brooklyn bigger than a Bitty Baby?"



Well, no doubt Kylee is. She seriously looks like a giant! How can that be my little girl?



I am thankful for some B-E-A-utiful pictures of my Kylee Kay. If you're my FB friend you've already seen these but yes, I'm sharing them. Again. I love to get the kids' pictures taken but they tend to love the experience a little bit less than I do. I always go into any photo session thinking, "If I get at least one decent picture, I'll be happy" but this time I got lots of wonderful pictures of KK. Yeah, we call her that.













I'm thankful that Kent gets to go away for a long weekend fishing trip with the guys. If anyone deserves a break for all their hard work, it's Kent. It's always a different dynamic around the house when Kent is out of town. The kids and I will no doubt go out for Mexican (at least once, maybe twice) and stay up way past bedtime having slumber parties downstairs.

I'm thankful for memories with my sisters. Mandy e-mailed me yesterday reminding me of how much our "Summer Mix" CD that we burned 8 years ago still rocks. I think I've actually blogged about that CD before- it's not really that the songs on it are so wonderful (well, they are a little bit wonderful- I think the first track is Summer Girls by LFO, maybe you remember that one?!), it's just that every time I listen to it, memories of summers past come flooding back and that never fails to bring a smile to my face.


Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: