6.20.2011

The Best Dad

I have The Best Dad. I have so many great memories from my childhood of my dad. I would declare his greatness to my friends, but I didn't have to. I suspect they already knew that my dad was the best.




My dad and I after Black Friday shopping last year. Well, I did most of the shopping but he was our driver and waited in line for us! If that doesn't qualify him for Best Dad, I don't know what does!





When Kent and I first got married, I held him to a pretty high standard. I expected him to do everything my dad had done and more.




I didn't have to do that.




When Kent gets home from work, the kids run and greet him at the door with an excited, "Daddy's home!!!!" followed by a barrage of hugs and kisses. He definitely has rock star status around here.




Kylee draws him pictures while he's at work and leaves them on his pillow so he finds a surprise from her when he goes to bed. Sometimes she accompanies it with a piece of gum or candy, her most prized possessions. And she shares it with him.




Every day, Kael wakes up and asks, "Does Dad have to go to work today?" If it's a Saturday or Sunday, his eyes light up, knowing there will soon be pancakes and sausage for breakfast followed by baseball in the backyard, then a trip to the pool.


I can see it in their eyes, they know they have The Best Dad. And they're so right.








Hope all you fathers out there had a wonderful Father's Day! You're the best!

No comments: